13 July 2007

The MOST frustrating thing...

I have just learned the most frustrating and painful thing in the ENTIRE publishing industry, bar none, IMO. When you have NEWS...I mean big NEWS, and you can't tell anyone, because it's just going into negotiation, what will probably be a long, arduous negotiation, and you are forbidden to talk about it, just in case it falls through, it's positively nerve wracking.

This is so difficult. I have precisely three people I can discuss it with, and we're all chomping at the bit, because we SO want to share it with someone....anyone...EVERYONE!

I know that's a tease, but it really is no better on this side of the table. Sigh... I've never been the type to sit and stare out the window, waiting for the mailman, but this is the mental equivalent to that state.

2 comments:

Susanne Bowen said...

There is a website that will post your secrets anonymously if you mail them in on a postcard... this may be the perfect solution!

BrennaLyons said...

LOL! It may take a while, but I think I can survive. At least, I can talk to my co-author and husband about it. That will keep me from going completely stir crazy. Thanks for the suggestion, though.