The EPICon site is now 100% up and running, and everyone (member or not) is welcome to register! Please feel free to forward this message...
EPICon 2011 co-chair
The 12th Annual EPICon™ Goes Colonial
EPICon™, hosted by EPIC - Electronically Published Internet Connection™, has opened registrations for their 12th annual industry convention. The convention will be held March 10th-13th, 2011 at the Williamsburg Woodlands Hotel and Convention Center in Colonial Williamsburg, VA.
Why should you consider coming to EPICon?
* Two days of workshops in everything from genre writing to the business of ePublishing, marketing, and IP law, including a class on writing love scenes by NY Times bestseller Angela Knight and a two-hour class on hostage negotiation by veteran police officer Michael Woodcock.
*Affordable pricing! Early EPIC member registrants this year (those who register before October 31st, 2010) will pay $190 for the three-day convention, and non-members will pay just $30 more. The cost includes most meals from the Thursday evening mixer through the Sunday morning breakfast. In addition, the convention has special rates for family members who are just eating convention meals but not attending classes, middle school through college students, teachers attending the convention, and even a deal for three-day passes into the historic district. The convention hotel rate is $109 per night (single or double occupancy), and a suite is just $129.
* A convention that not only offers meal choices at all non-buffet meals but also works with food aversions, allergies, and other concerns.
* A full list of promo opportunities for authors, publishers, and agents. Pitch sessions will be arranged with agents and editors interested in giving them, as well as underwriting for meet and greets held at the convention.
* Free Wi-Fi in all hotel rooms and convention areas.
* All profits from the hotel and historic site passes go to support the Colonial Williamsburg educational efforts.
* Convention materials on CD instead of the bulky old 3-ring binder!
* Something for everyone, from the unpublished author to the published, from industry members to teachers and students.
Registration for the 2011 convention is at http://www.epicon-conference.com/ EPICon is using technology to its full advantage. For those that don’t want to do everything by phone, the entire process--from registering for the convention and making reservations at the hotel to arranging for the airport shuttle and choosing meals--can be accomplished online this year.
Contact: Lisa Brennan-Webb, Convention Chair